A staggering 70% of tech leaders imagine that freelancers carry unmatched agility to firms in search of to scale up or down.
Nevertheless, the vetting, hiring, and fee processes for freelancers have confirmed to be expensive and sluggish, impeding the expansion of each firms and freelance professionals.
Workfree, as an all-in-one platform powered by its person group, is right here to handle these challenges.
Shaking up the freelance sport
Workfree is a platform designed to streamline freelance hiring, administration, and funds. At first of this month, it introduced the completion of a $400,000 pre-seed funding spherical.
With a dedication to zero commissions for freelance expertise and a community of community-vetted freelancers, the start-up is on a mission to empower greater than a million freelancers and versatile workforces globally.
The purpose is a frictionless freelancing expertise for each expertise and shoppers, free from unreliable vetting, protracted onboarding procedures, excessive acquisition charges, and sophisticated contracts. By eradicating these obstacles between expertise and firms, the platform goals to boost the work expertise for all events concerned.
Workfree goals to disrupt and alter the freelance market by a number of key methods:
- Zero commissions: Workfree eliminates the standard mannequin of charging excessive commissions to freelancers, guaranteeing that freelance expertise retains extra of their earnings.
- Neighborhood vetting: the platform depends on a community-vetted expertise community, enhancing belief and high quality assurance throughout the freelance market.
- Equitable possession: Workfree is introducing a novel “Co-Founding Neighborhood” the place freelancers, group advisors, and non-institutional traders collectively personal 25% of the corporate, guaranteeing freelancers have a stake within the platform’s success.
- Streamlined processes: the platform automates hiring, administration, and funds, decreasing the time and complexity related to freelancing, and offering a centralised atmosphere for each freelancers and shoppers.
- Incentives for talent improvement: Workfree plans to supply advantages, together with instructional programs, well being and insurance coverage advantages, and way of life perks, to help freelancers’ talent improvement and profession development.
Placing freelancers first: the co-founding group
With the current injection of funding, Workfree plans to develop its platform to help over 10,000 freelancers and 100 paying shoppers by the tip of 2024, with a specific give attention to expertise communities, digital companies, and tech firms.
To kickstart this progress, Workfree has allotted 25% of the corporate for its distinctive “co-founding group.”
Beginning in September, the start-up will reward 1,000 pre-vetted freelancers with a fair proportion of Workfree possession. By welcoming this unique group on board, Workfree goals to speed up the expansion of its vetted expertise pool, capturing the voice of freelancers and constructing an impressive platform for each expertise and shoppers.
Disrupting the traditional freelance market mannequin
With projections indicating that freelancers will outnumber full-time workers by 2030, Workfree recognises the pivotal position that freelancers play in an organization’s progress.
Having personally skilled the challenges confronted by freelance professionals, co-founders Amy Choi, Jonnie Cartmill, and Yury Kusik are decided to disrupt the standard freelance market mannequin by eliminating unfair commissions, providing freelancers invaluable advantages, and collaborating intently with the freelance group.
“Six years in the past, my freelance journey started after I sought flexibility as a dad or mum,” Choi explains. “Conventional 9-5 work now not labored for me. I wanted the flexibleness and freedom to combine my work and life (we name this ‘Work Free Life‘).
“I entered freelancing by communities and referrals, witnessing the challenges on giant freelance market platforms – unfair commissions, zero advantages, and a race to the underside tradition. I felt freelancers and firms deserved extra.
Workfree began as a easy instrument to help freelance progress and has expanded quickly to empower firms, communities, and expertise all over the world. We need to give energy again to freelancers, and let our customers share within the success of a platform that’s constructed, used, and owned by them.”
In case you’re a freelancer and would love extra info, go to workfree.io.
* You will receive the latest news and updates!
7 Versatile Work Schedules To Be Your Finest Boss
As employees embrace versatile working preparations, new analysis has discovered that 24% of workers are “contemplating contracting or freelancing” in…
Final Hurrah For Hospitality Forward Of Immigration Regulation Adjustments
For many companies, the festive season is about letting unfastened and making ready for the vacations. However for the hospitality…